State Regulations and Permits

The State of Michigan has several regulatory programs for waterfronts, as described below. The basis for many of these programs is the Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act (Act 451 of 1994).

Soil Erosion

Apply for a soil erosion permit here:


Apply for a wetlands permit (if it exists) here:

High Risk Erosion Areas

Programs and Maps:

Coastal Zone Management PrograM

Natural Rivers